Tuesday 10 June 2014

Coming To A Close

So I think I mentioned before that this whole blog was for a passion project that I was doing for Bible Class at my school and seeing as it is June the passion project is coming to a close. Although I didn't make half as many posts as I had planned to I did learn lots about photography. Part of the problem for me is that I realized that a lot of photography is self learned. Someone can go on and on telling you about how aperture and ISO and shutter speed can help you compose a picture but until you actually go out and grab a camera and start snapping some pictures and messing around with settings you cant really truly learn a ton about photography. In this way it was way harder for me to document exactly what it was that I was doing and "making progress" became more difficult. However besides all that I learned that  I specifically have a real passion for doing outdoor photography! I love taking pictures of little things outside and flowers and clouds and stuff like that :) I think that this is where photography and my faith can intertwine, Photography can be seen God-Worshiping because it is one way of admiring and celebrating what God has created here on earth for us. Also photography can be seen as Creation-Enjoying taking pictures gives you a completely new perspective on the world and you take time to really stop and enjoy the smaller things and focus in on details that God has surrounded us with. These are just 2 ways that I think that photography can really play into the Christian faith. I honestly don't plan to stop taking pictures and maybe i'll even keep this blog as way to publicly display my photography, I think its a fun hobby and a way to preserve the little things.

1 comment:

  1. I love your last comment that photography is a way to preserve the little things. I totally agree! Although seeing a flower (or something else in nature) is beautiful already, capturing the intricacies in a picture lets you be creation-enjoying long after that moment. I think you and I both would be the ones lagging behind on a walk because we're focusing in on a tiny lady bug or water droplet.
    Great job on the macro photos! I especially like how the sunlight shines through the outer petals of the red flower. :)

    ReplyDelete