Monday 28 April 2014

Do You Have the Time to Be Happy?

Lately on Twitter I've been seeing people posting pictures with the hashtag 100happydays. At first seeing all these pictures on my Timeline meant nothing to me but slowly and surely it peeked my interest. Soon I found myself searching the hashtag on twitter and coming across the official 100 happy days page that had a link to their website. Once I reached the website I finally really understood what was taking over my feed. This was literally a challenge to post pictures of things that made you happy throughout a day, big or small. Once you are on the website and you decide that you want to participate in the challenge you fill out a a participation sign up sheet that asks you what platform (facebook, twitter, instagram) you plan to be using, also the day you plan to start the challenge and it takes your username from the platform that you choose to use. On the website you can also choose how public you want your photos to be, if you don't care who sees them you can use the public #100happydays however if you don't want just anyone to be able to search that and see your pictures you can make up your own hashtag and give it to the website so only people you know and tell would be able to see it along with the creators. And if you absolutely don't want anyone to see your pictures you can choose to just email the creators your pictures. Also apparently at the end of the challenge they will send you a little 100 page book of all of your pictures? Not quite clear on that yet though.

On the website they tell you that 71% of people who started the challenge didn't finish it because they said they didn't have the time. At first I wondered how that was even possible snapping a picture doesn't take a lot of time but often I forget about the challenge or can't think of anything in my day that has made me happy enough to want to commemorate it. Although these are just amateur shots taken with my phone and nothing fancy I do enjoy this challenge because it helps me appreciate the little things in my life that make me happy like finding the time to read, or beating my best playing Mario. If your actually taking the time to read this and you think this is something thats worth a shot you can sign up here and see if you have the time to be happy. :) Also I'll make a page on this blog and post the pictures I've been taking!

2 comments:

  1. Fun! Photography is such an amazing outlet for creativity and even social change. It can be taken very seriously as well as so casually. Snapshots, landscapes, journalism, portraits--all important and useful forms. Thanks for sharing the #100happydays link and idea.

    If you make it through 100 days, you might be interested in 365project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you end up keeping up with the 100 days? I really hope you did! It's a cool experience! I'm so impressed by this cool idea you came up with. Photography is a very beautiful and entertaining hobby to do and enjoy! I look forward to you presentation in class and I hope to see some of your photos!

    ReplyDelete