Thursday 13 March 2014

Types of Photography & Camera Envy

Through much of my research, I'm starting to realize just how broad the field of photography is. There are many different types of photography and although I would love to try all of them it wouldn't be realistic to say that I could or would in the next four months. I'm realizing that I'm going to have to pick a few types that I like and then work on those. One type of photography that I really love is landscape photography, another is architecture photography ( though I'm not sure how much of this I'll be able to do), also macro photography and street photography. Along with trying different tips and tricks, I will try to pursue and improve my skills in these types of photography.
Also the topic of "Camera Envy." I read this on a website and it made me laugh because the name is so close to the truth. Most people like me who are just starting out in photography don't have an extremely fancy camera such as a digital SLR, rather just simple compact point and shoot. However the internet is filled with tips for making the most out of having such a camera. I'm learning lots about my cameras capabilities and finding out that it is still capable of taking "good quality" pictures. In the future I do plan on getting a DSLR camera but as of now I don't have the money for it  (the one I would like is currently $549)  , so until then I'm going to use the camera I have now and do my best to live with my "Camera Envy."

2 comments:

  1. I laughed at your discussion of camera envy because it is so true. It's also something that can suck the fun out of shooting if not held in check. I'm anticipating some pictures--a growing portfolio can develop confidence and accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dani! I'm so pumped that you picked this for your passion project. Even though I wouldn't personally do photography I love to look at the amazing pictures people take! Like you my favourite type of photography is landscape! Nothing like a majestic waterfall! I really hope to see your work later on in this project for all to enjoy! Best of luck

    ReplyDelete