Monday 3 March 2014

Starting Off


For my passion project I have decided to start doing photography. The reason I chose to do photography is because I've always loved the ability that photographers have to turn a picture into a form of art and I think a lot of the time people under estimate the artistic ability of a photographer, myself included. I've always loved taking pictures and  I think they have the ability to tell a story, and share your emotions. I can honestly scroll through photography for hours without being bored because every picture is unique in its own way. However my photos have never been more than just quick snap shots when I'm on vacation or at a concert or just with friends. Since I decided to do photography I thought it may be useful to pick up some books on the subject. I honestly wasn't expecting there to be a whole lot to read about but I was extremely wrong. There are so many different little things included in taking a good picture ( but part of the fun is that no picture can every really be wrong), but mostly I'm realizing that it takes a lot of practice and patience. My goal for this project is to improve upon my photography skills using different techniques and figuring out how to use different things such as lighting, angles, colour contrast, and depth of field to affect different pictures. And I'd also love to create a portfolio of my pictures... So feel free to join me as I start my journey into photography!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment